Menu buttons


                 

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Master Bedroom - Complete!

Guess what?!  For the first time in my adult life I have a completely pulled-together, fully decorated bedroom!  Yay!
I really only had finishing touches left - something decorative above the bed.  I had run across the unfinished wooden scroll frame (in the center) at the craft store months ago, brought it home and painted it white with the intention of putting a quote or something inside it on the wall.  Then at my last big trip to Hobby Lobby (I think my friend and I spent 90 minutes just wandering lol) I ran across these big monogram letters 50% off.
I love that they are already embellished for me and the paint even matched my room.  I did have to find and paint the "&" sign to finish it off.
I even hung everything up all by myself last weekend while the husband was working.  They're all centered and straight and everything! ;)
So here's a look at the room all put together.  The wall décor (on the right) I made a while back.
The lamps I picked up at Target a month or so ago.  And look - some of my photos are out on display!
My newly reupholstered chair and the console table Sam built.
I don't think I've shown that off yet.  The shelves were kind of an "oops" when he was building the console table for the living room.  He had the upper part all together and called me out to the garage to check it out and I had to tell him "um, honey...I didn't want the DVD player in the middle I wanted it hidden behind the shutters on the side."  We were eventually going to put something there anyway so - bonus!  I just need a couple more accessories or books on those shelves.  I'm sure I will run across the perfect thing eventually, but it doesn't detract from the room as is.

So one more time - this is the Before photo taken December 2010 when we had just purchased the house and our furniture hadn't even arrived.
And After!
 And in case you were wondering - yes, this is the ONE room in the house that stays this clean almost all the time.  I even make my bed every morning  ;)
 
Linking to:
 

No comments: